Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Default Selected Style gets updated from selected text

Hi ?B?d29yZHNwaW5zdGVy?=,

Usually, I select some text in a doc and then select a style to apply to the
text, and it works as (I think) it should. But sometimes, as is currently
the case, I select the text, select the style to apply, and the style format
gets updated to the formatting of the selected text.

Can someone tell me why this happens? Does this document have some feature
enabled that I don't usually?

There is a command in Word that can do this, although I can't recall ever
seeing it kick in without prompting... Which version of Word is this? The
problem is just in the one document, and happens for every style? What steps do
you follow to apply a style?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org