Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default adding a word to spell dictionary disabled

I believe the Custom.dic file should *not* be read-only. Also, the language
should be set to "All Languages." See the relevant section of
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/MasterSpellCheck.htm.

"Beth Melton" wrote in message
Are you saying you can't add a word because the "Add" command is disabled?
If that's the case then first make sure your custom dictionary is read

only.
Locate your custom dictionary and make sure Read Only is selected in the
file properties or in a read only location/folder on your computer.

Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Co-author of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"Steve Margolis" Steve wrote in

message
I am running Office 2003. Recently the ability to add a word to my
dictionary has been disabled. How can I re-enable this feature?