Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MatthewTap

Default Setting Text marked with "Do not check spelling or grammar".

Graham and Carol --

Thanks very much! Both parts of my question were answered and I am finally
able to modify and find what I've needed to.

Many thanks!

Cheers,
matt

"MatthewTap" wrote:

Is there a way to find which text on a document is marked as "Do not check
spelling or grammar" ?

As an example, in a standard Professional Letter Template that comes with
Word/Microsoft Office, when running spell check it will display at the end:

The spelling check is complete.
Text marked with "Do not check spelling or grammar" was skipped.

I have searched, but, I cannot find how to either set or find which text
sections are set this way [on this template or any other documents]. I am
aware of the custom dictionaries and setting words to be added to my ignore
list, but I don't know if that is what this statement is referring to. I'm
wondering if there's a way to have the spell check ignore, for example,
Heading 3, or the Address Section, etc.

If there is a way I would greatly appreciate knowing how.

Thanks for any help!
matt