Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How to view a complete downloaded template,top of template cut

I didn't at first think I'd have any use for the feature either, especially
since I work mostly in Normal view, which is already continuous. But
whenever I have inserted any element that forces Word into Print Layout view
(or can be viewed only in Print Layout view), such as drawings or columns,
it is helpful to suppress the space between pages so I still get continuous
text, making it a lot easier to proofread and also to select text that
breaks across pages.

The part of this that I really didn't expect, though, is that when you
suppress "white space," you're really suppressing display of anything in the
header or footer. One of my templates (a fax cover sheet) has the stubs
(From, To, etc.) in a text box or frame anchored to the header (the
"letterhead in the side margin" trick), and when I inadvertently suppressed
white space, all of that was missing, too.

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote in message
When that first happened to me I was dumb-founded. I hit the archives and
found Suzanne's excellent article on that problem. I couldn't figure out

how
the heck that "feature" could ever be used. Well, you know how those

things
come back to bite you in the butt? I learned to appreciate that feature

when
I was working on a standards manual and wanted to make sure that all of my
pages were aligned properly. I had started with existing files and the
paragraph styles were all screwed up. Getting rid of the white space

allowed
me to make sure everything looked alright even if the styles were

different.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"WFM" wrote in message
news
Thank you JoAnn:

I think I stummbled upon this very same fix right after I sent my email
question. You are right! Here's what I found: By moving the cursor to
the
top of the template a small double-sided arrow would appear with a

caption
saying something about "white space[s]". I clicked on the arrows and

then
the full template page miraculously appeared. Amazing!

Geez! Do you have any idea how much time I spent on this! I can't for
the
life of me figure out why the whole template page doesn't just appear
without
having to resort to clicking the double-sided arrow. How on earth was I
supposed to know I had to click a double-sided arrow first? Just

doesn't
make sense.

Anyway, thanks for your quick answer. This was the first time using
online
help and I am pleased with the quick response. Now if you could just

make
Word make sense!

WFM

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

I'm going to take a guess at this. Move your cursor up to the top of

the
"page". If/when the cursor changes, click.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"WFM" wrote in message
I trying use an Avery 8387 postcard template from MS. The full

template
apears on the download selection page, however, once the template is
downloaded the top of the template is cutoff. I tried making
adjustments
on
the Page Setup and I tried several different templates but they all
cutoff
the top of the template. How do I fix this very frustrating problem?