Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
User User is offline

Default Formulas in a Table

Hello

I need to consecutively number the cells in the first column of a Word
table. In other words, cell a1 will show "1"cell a2 will show "2", cell a3
will show "3", etc. In Excel, I can use the "fill down" feature or create a
simple formula "a1+1" and then copy/paste that formula down as far as I need
and I will get the consecutive numbers.

I noticed that cells are treated as "absolute references" in a Word table.
That means my formula will not work when I copy/paste it. Is there anyway to
quickly accomplish what I need directly in the Word table?

thanks