Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default Table of Contents, 3rd level is Bold for only the # only

But how did you apply the bold formatting? As direct formatting (by directly
formatting the heading text) or by adding it to the style? Note that direct
formatting will be reflected in the TOC.

Also, did you change the font settings for the numbered list (in the Define
New Multilevel List dialog box, there is a Font button)?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"bretsharon" wrote in message
No, TOC 3 is not bold, nor are any of the TOCs, but thanks, I had not
found
that so far in 2007. And yes, the multlevel is bold in the document, both
the "(A)" section numbering and the title heading. Its just that when it
gets taken to the TOC, the "(A)" is bolded but the titled heading is not.
tried to do change the bolded letters manually in the TOC, but nothing
changed, despite the fact that the Bolded indicator on the ribbon said I
was
changing something. I also highlighted several lines of the TOC and
entered
control+b, and the text dutifully bolded and unbolded, but not the letter.

thanks.

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Is the TOC 3 style bold?

Did you apply bold formatting to the third level of the multilevel list?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"bretsharon" wrote in message
news
On Word 2007, when I issue command to create or update table of
contents,
the
third level, which is (A), (B) (C)... the abc is bolded, but the
description
title is not. I can't get rid of the abc bolding. Note that in the
text
the
entire title is bolded, which is fine, but I don't want all the table
be
in unbolded text, except for this abc. I tried doing it manaually, but
have
had no luck.