Natalie Lanoville Natalie Lanoville is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Mayor View Post
That would be fairly simple
The game was won by {IF {Mergefield FirstName} "" "{Mergefield
Firstname}" "{Mergefield Lastname}"}
Use the correct field names and enter all the bracket pairs with CTRL+F9

I am so grateful for this thread! I tried the code above and couldn't get it to work, but it gave me enough info to go back and try the If... then... else Word Field dialog again, put in placeholders for the two possible results, and then go back and edit the field with the correct info. I think that what was missing for me from trying it for myself was using the [CTRL+F9] function to insert the field brackets.

At any rate, my question was pretty much exactly the same as the OP (inserting an email address if the address line is blank), and it works! Thanks a lot! Now I just have to make it work with my embedded version of Word in Raiser's Edge.