Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How to stop erasing letters as I type new ones

"Richpro1111" wrote:

When I type in an insert word in a sentence, the computer erases the
following word, letter by letter. Very annoying.

This means you have accidently hit the "Insert" key on your keyboard.

Just hit it again to toggle back to normal behaviour.

Also, notice that when you toggle the insert mode, the letters OVR are
clearly visible in the status bar at the bottom of the Word window.