Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

Default how do I stop documents turning to notepad when saved

StartRun: Type winword /r and press Enter, which should re-register
Word.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"wild westie of the highlands" wrote in message
when I complette a document or scan a copy to my docs, it is changed

notepad or wordpad, this changes the whole doc by moving the layout.

i have
tried asking it to open it in word, but if there is any tables or

pictures it
causes the page to go crazy. as i am in the process of a course this

is
driving me crazy. and am about to throw the comptuer through the

window.
pleasssssse help someone.

thanks G