flowers_on_the_wall

Wow! Scary! Thank you!

"garfield-n-odie" wrote:

You accidentally pressed Ctrl+Alt+hyphen, which activated the
"destructive cursor". This cursor deletes whatever menu item you click
on. Fortunately, you didn't click on a menu item. Press the Escape key
to turn off the destructive cursor.

flowers_on_the_wall wrote:

Problem is solved, but, I still don't know what happened. I clicked on a
button on the toolbar with my strange new horizontal line pointer and I got a
message saying that the "Menu could not be found" and then my mouse turned
back into the little arrow.

Anyone have any idea what happened?

"flowers_on_the_wall" wrote:

I am using Microsoft Word 2003 on XP. My mouse pointer has turned into a
dark horizonal line. I have no idea how this happened. How can I get the
mouse pointer back to be the little arrow?