Charles Kenyon

To modify a global template, open that template (File Open). For more on
global template creation, see http://addbalance.com/word/movetotemplate.htm.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Bob S" wrote in message
I was advised to create a global template besides my normal.dot and to do
my alterations in that template and keep normal.dot clean in case I had
problems in the future. So that is what I did (putting it of course in my
startup directory).

Here is my problem. I have a macro in that new global template (which I
will call New-Global.dot) which I am trying to modify. In order to modify
it, I am clicking File | New | Templates "On my computer" |
New-Global.dot | OK . Then I am clicking Tools | Macros | Macros (or
Alt-F8) to bring up the macros dialog. Then I am slecting the macro I
want to modify, clicking edit and then editing it and saving it.

Then I exit completely out of Word and reenter it to try out the new
macro. If at this point, I do the same thing I described in the previous
paragraph, I will find that the macro does show that it was modified.

However, if I simply open a normal document (Ctrl-N) and click Alt-F8 to
bring up the macro dialog, select my macro and click Run, in that case the
changes I made in my macro do not show up.

Could somebody tell me what it is about macros, or global templates that I
do not understand that is causing this? Thank you for the help.

Bob