Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
sweeneysmsm

Default Failure to import currency format from Excel.

Thank you so much. Yes, I put in the switches. I can't say that I feel the
process is "friendly", but we do what we have to do.

Thank you again.

Mary

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

See "Formatting Word fields with switches" on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's
website at

Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"sweeneysmsm" wrote in message
Am using Office 2003. I have a mail-merge letter which is designed to get
data from an .xls file. I am writing thank-you letters and consequently
there
is an "Amount" field which has currency data - e.g. $25.00. When the
amount
comes over into the merge letter it appears as "25". I suppose I can
remedy
this by putting"$Amount.00" but this hardly seems very elegant. Is there
another way to fix this?

Thanks for any help.

Mary