Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default Can I export/Import Building Blocks?

There's no need to export/import the AutoText.

Make a copy of the template (.dot file) from 2003. If it contains any
macros, it's a good idea to remove them from the copy. Place the copy in the
folder %appdata%\Microsoft\Document Building Blocks. That will make the
AutoText available.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Techie510 wrote:
I have a group of users that created template files in the old file
format 2003, and setup a large list of AutoText to insert.

Now they have redone their template files, but all the new templates
dont have the building blocks/Auto Text avaialbe to insterted. I am
wondering if there is a way to export the building blocks from our
old templates and import into the newly created template files.

We are currently using Word 2007, but I believe the new templates are
created as .dot NOT .dotm.

Any help would be appreciated!