garfield-n-odie

If adaptive menus are enabled in Word, then Options might be
hidden if you haven't used it lately. Click on Tools, and if
there is a chevron (like a double-arrow thingie) at the bottom of
the Tools dropdown menu, click on it to see more menu choices.
If Options is really missing from your Tools dropdown menu, then
see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...oreMenuCmd.htm .

CondorLB wrote:

Thanks for the information, but my problem seems to be deeper. I have WORD
2003 but OPTIONS is not listed in the TOOLS menu. I have checked another
computer with WORD 2003 and TOOLS-OPTIONS is available.

"garfield-n-odie" wrote:

In Word, click on Tools | Options | Compatibility | uncheck the
"Don't expand character spaces on the line ending Shift-Return"
box | OK.

CondorLB wrote:

Attempting to justify the last line of a paragraph. Using shift+enter
displays a curved arrow but the line is not justified. It remains the
original length. Any help is appreciated.