Interesting, since it's difficult to get Word to display the MM task bar
automatically even for Mail Merge main documents. I'm afraid I don't have
any suggestions.

"Cass" wrote in message
Yes, it is definately the mail merg task pane. That is the title at the

top.
The funny part is when I open the document the first time I just get the
document alone. Any time after the first time I also get the mail merge

task
pane when I open it. This is a daily report I receive through email and it
happens with every one of them if I open it more than the first time.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Are you sure it's the Mail Merge task pane and not the Reviewing pane?
That's the on people usually complain about.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Cass" wrote in message
Sorry, I forgot to put that in. I have Word 2002 SP2 and Document was

created
in same.

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?Q2Fzcw==?=,

I was sent a document through email and every time I open it the

mail
merge
task pane opens also. How do I stop that from happening.

Which version of Word do you have? And in which version of Word was

the
document created?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow

question
or