Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?Q2Fzcw==?=,

I tried your suggestion and the Task pane still opens. Could it be something
that the sender is doing to cause this? I just spoke to a co-worker and he
says he also has the same task pane opening on some documents he receives.

I can't imagine what would cause this. I've never seen it (unless using a
macro), nor seen report of it. Word 2000 and earlier would automatically
display the mail merge toolbar for mail merge documents, which I always found
convenient.

In which version of Word were these documents created, since they're not from
your system?

If you Ctrl+A, Shift+LeftArrow, Copy, open a new document, paste, save, close
and re-open: does this new document demonstrate the same behavior? (I would not
expect it to, but good to know).

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org