Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Default If Formula syntax error

Hi ?B?QmlnUGln?=,

Now my question is how can it be made to update automatically? As opposed to
right clicking and selecting update. I think that I should make this form in
excel instead.

There's really no way to get Word to automatically update formulas (or other
fields), except by activating the option for printing.

Ctrl+A, F9 is usually pretty good. Or you could use a macro (to only update
fields in a certain range, for example). Even more "sophisticated" would be a
macro based on EVENTS, such as when the selection changes; this can get a bit
complicated, however.

So, yes, if you need dynamic calculations, Excel is definitely the better
application :-)

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org