Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
deb deb is offline

Default E-Mailing resume word document without changing format.

Thank You Doug,
I did create my resume as a word document, but when I add it as an
attachment it still looses the formatting. Of course I e-mailed it to myself
to see if it was acceptable, which it was, but when I submit a copy for a job
application it looks nothing like my original document. When I printed out
the e-mail attachment that I sent to myself it looks exactly as the original,
with the bullets and correct spacing, but if I try to copy and paste it
everything is out of allignment and it is double spaced.
I spent about four hours composing this resume on my own because I don't
really know how to use the templates. The bottom line is, I need a job.
I did go to Google for PrimoPDF and downloaded it, but how do you convert
it? I could really use a computer tutor!! Oops, I forgot I divorced him!
He-He, I hope you are laughing!
Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your help.
Deb

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

I would suggest that you covert it to .pdf format and send it as an
attachment to the email. If you don't have a .pdf converter, Google for
PrimoPDF.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Deb" wrote in message
I just got a new computer 3 weeks ago and updated my resume. I did it from
scratch because I couldn't figure out how to use the templates, and I
didn't
care for any offered anyway. I created it as a word document but when I
send
it through e-mail the format is nothing like my original document. It is
all
out of allignment. If I try to copy and paste it the bullets will not
appear.
I lost my job 2 months ago so this is an immense issue for me. Can anyone
advise me what I need to do? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.