Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bill Connors

Default Underline

Suzanne, I like underlined tabs but one thing I find very annoying is that
the height of the line is different that for underlined words. I'd like to
create a template which underlines the text of a word and then fills the
remaining space with a blank underline, but underlined text appears at a
different height than an underline tab. Thus I have to resort to underlined
spaces and manually adjust the length of the spaces based on the length of
the text on the line each time. Suggestions? Thanks!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Word does not by default underline trailing spaces (there is a Compatibility
Option you can set to make it do so). It will underline a series of spaces
ending in a nonbreak space, but a much better way to create the underline is
to use a tab with an underline leader or an underlined tab. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/LinesInForms.htm. Instead of the
double underlines, you might use a paragraph border; see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/Borders.htm

"Bevatron" wrote in message
I can't get underling or double underline to show in Word 2002 without

placing punctuation after it. I use underline for signature lines on legal
documents and double underline as a separater on pages. How can I fix this?

Thank you.