Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com is offline

Default Find and highlight all instances of ALL CAPS

If using W2007: after setting up your search, click the find in button and
choose "Main Document". Word will select all instances. Without closing the
Find dialog, change the focus to the document and then click the highlight
icon (home tab font group). All the selected items will be highlighted.
You can also use the reading highlight, but I prefer to select the items
because you can act on the selections (highlight, copy, paste, change font,
delete, etc.).

If using W2003: after setting up your search, put a check in the box before
"Highlight all items found in:" and then click find all. Without closing
the Find dialog, change the focus to the document and then click the
highlight icon (home tab font group). All the selected items will be
highlighted.

Pam

ISay wrote:
I know, thanks to y'all, that [A-Z]{2,} will find words written in ALL
CAPS. How can I find and highlight all instances?

Is there a way to get it to recognize whole words and not instances like FBI
or CIA?

When I have searched for words and then marked them to be highlighted, when
I exit the FIND window, the highlighting disappears. I know I'm not doing
something right but I don't know what.