Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Luc

Default Can u protect cells in Word as in Excel from unauthorised changes

Lisa,
If you are using Word 2003 you could consider using the Protect Document
task pane.
First select all the cells that should be editable.In the taskpane look for
the Editing restriction section. Choose Allow only box and leave no changes
(read only) in the list. In the exceptions section click on the checkbox
next to Everyone.
In section three of the task pane click on the Yes, start enforcing
protection button, and type your password two times. The editable numbers
will display between brackets and have a yellow shading. The others will
display normally but will not be editable. In print preview all displays
normally.
Unfortunately you will not be able to edit this document in an earlier
version of Word it will be completely locked.
Luc Sanders
(MVP - PowerPoint)
"Lisa Rizzo" Lisa schreef in bericht
I am wondering if you can protect cells Word tables as you can in Excel
from
unauthorised changes ie. there are certain parts of the table I don't want
users to have access to and type in. In Excell you just protect the cells
but I can't find the same in Word. Please Help.