Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default Table/figure caption: Bold label & table/figure number

You can create an example caption, with the settings that you want, and then
create an AutoText entry, which you can then insert whenever you want that
kind of caption.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"jl" wrote in message

"Paul" wrote:

How can I bold the label and table/figure number in a caption?

Hi Paul,

I also wanted to do this, but it seems to be impossible. Another feature
that I wanted is more control of the label formatting, in particular
adding a
period, em-dash, and space after the Figure number. Alas this also seems
impossible. I hope MS take this as a feature request.