Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Custom Heading Numbering...

Do you mean page numbers? Word provides page numbers via a {Page} field
inserted into the header/footer. You can format it any way you like. You
don't have to use pre-configured formats. By far the simplest way to insert
a page field is to Press CTRL+F9 then type Page between the brackets.

"kingdomcome" wrote in message
Can you tell me if Microsoft Windows/word (or whatever their called) has
numberings (for page documents) like this:

1.

or

2.

or

56.

12.

etc?

All I can see is: -1- -2- -56- etc which is of no use to me.

"BobD" wrote:

That solved the problem; thank you.

BD.