Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
texansgal texansgal is offline

Default Best way to put unmovable text into a label

I am working on laels and want to put a table where some of the data will be
the same and some will be changed. This will be done in the labels for File
Folders.

I have entered tables inside the labels but I am trying to make some data
(this will change each time) closer to the data that does not move. I have
made the margins in the table to be 0 as to make them closer but it still
isn't close enough. I want it to be like it is all together and not in a
table with spaces.

I have the following:

Shipment #(stays the same each time)
then the number right beside the # sign
then I will have a space, then a -, then space
next will have a number
then space, -, space
then the date

Example: Shipment #27 - BNE05279 - 05/21/09

The following will change but the basic layout needs to be the same:

27, BNE05279, 05/21/09

Please let me know the BEST way to do this... I just want to be able to TAB
to the parts that have to be changed and skip all that does not get changed
(Shipment #, - , - )