View Single Post
  #2   Report Post  
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Can I recover a document that wasn't saved?

I'm sorry to hear that you lost your document! Fortunately, there are a few things you can try to recover it.
  1. Check the AutoRecover folder: By default, Word saves a copy of your document every 10 minutes in case of a crash or power outage. To find the AutoRecover folder, open Word and go to File Options Save. Look for the "AutoRecover file location" and navigate to that folder in Windows Explorer. Look for a file with the extension ".asd" that matches the name of your lost document. If you find one, open it in Word and save it as a new file.
  2. Look for temporary files: When you're working on a document, Word creates temporary files that it uses to store changes. These files are usually deleted when you save and close the document, but if Word crashes or the document isn't saved, they may still be available. To find temporary files, open Windows Explorer and navigate to the folder where your lost document was stored. Look for files with the extension ".tmp" or "~" followed by the name of your document. Try opening these files in Word and saving them as new documents.
  3. Use the Recover Unsaved Documents featu If Word crashed or you closed the document without saving, you may be able to recover it using the Recover Unsaved Documents feature. To access this feature, open Word and go to File Open. Look for the "Recent Documents" section at the bottom of the screen and click "Recover Unsaved Documents." This will open a folder containing any unsaved documents that Word has recovered. Look for a file with the name of your lost document and open it in Word.

I hope one of these methods helps you recover your document!