Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Default From OP: Having Only Actual Typing Area Show.

I'm not really following your problem here. You say you have set up the
paper to A4 with 1" margins but the ruler is showing 12" wide paper?

Are you sure the ruler is displaying inches? Have you got the Zoom correctly
set? Do you have a printer driver installed and set as the Windows Default?

Terry

"Bob" wrote in message
Hello,

Thanks for help.

Nope.

Did what you suggested.
The full 12" or so of white area, per the ruler, still shows.

Only now there is a dotted line around the very periphery of the white.

All I want to see is a 8.5 inch white area, or just my typing area.

Any thoughts ?

Thanks again,
Bob