Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Default why can't i send doc by email

Bob

Yes. I should have made that clearer: this is with VISTA.

I've not seen anything from MS about this, but Office 2007 completely
ignores Windows Mail - even the spell checker in Mail is English (US) only
at the moment.

Terry

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" 75214.226(At Beautiful Downtown)compuserve.com wrote
in message ...
Hi Terry,

It will work with Thunderbird and Outlook Express on Windows XP. Windows
Vista Mail (the updated OE) doesn't provide the hooks for
doing this with Word. I don't know if that's also true with other email
apps on Vista.

"Terry Farrell" wrote in message
I've not seen any word from MS about this but AFAIAA, Word 2007 will only
let you send as an email when you are using Outlook 2007 as the email
client. Otherwise you can only send as an attachment.

Terry
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP