Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Merge from Outlook missing records

Once you have gone through the Tools|Mail Merge dialog in Outlook and it has
created/opened the Mail merge main document, try the following:
a. enable the Mail merge toolbar in Word (e.g. in View|Toolbars)
b. click the Mail Merge recipients button
c. see how many entries there are.

Are there 31 or 33? If there are 33, something has probably gone wrong in
the merge: are you "completing the merge" and either merging the labels to a
printer or to a new document, or are you just "previewing the merge"? If
there are 31, can you identify anything unusual about the 2 that have been
missed?

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"Tunes" wrote in message
Hi! I am having a problem with Outlook mail merge. I am using
categories
to sort records. After filtering the records,I have 33 contacts, but
when I
do the merge there are only 31 labels. I am using Word and Outlook XP. I
am
worried that I can't trust the mail merge to include all the desired
records.
Any ideas?