Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
H.P.Hoeie, Norway H.P.Hoeie, Norway is offline

Default Error in formula editor in Word

Thank You, this solved my problem!

"Jay Freedman" wrote:

Open an existing equation or insert a new one. Click the Style menu and
choose the Define item at the bottom. In the dialog, you should see check
marks in the Italic column for the Variable and L.C. Greek items, but not
for any of the others. If the wrong boxes are checked, correct them.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

H.P.Hoeie, Norway wrote:
When inserting formulas in Word using the style "Math", I previously
used to get variables in italic and figures non-italic on my machine.
Editing my files on other machines, I get it right. I've reinstalled
Office XP 2003 today - no difference.
What is there else to do if I still want to edit my formulas on my own
machine?