Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol

Default Find/Replace default format

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying. When you use CTRL + F for Find
if you have underlined text that you want replaces with text that is NOT
underlined, in the Find box before you input your text, use CTRL + U. Then
input the text that you want found.

Switch to Replace and just input the text normally without underlining and
then click on Replace all. Try it in a small test document to make sure it
works for you.
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"Kim" wrote:

When I go to do a replace, the default format for the item to be replaced is
"Underlined." How to I change the default to "no formatting?"