Ronnoco

Default Flow text side-by-side with linked text boxes - Another way?

I have a 15 page document that I need to put in a column on the left with
continuing columns on each additional page. I have an updated document that
I need to put on the right side column. I'm figuring I'll need about 30
pages to copy and paste the old documents into the columns. I tried to use
the "flow text side-by-side with linked text boxes" directions, however, it
is difficult to get the text boxes the same width on each page and I wasn't
successful in trying to copy the text boxes.

Can someone give me a simpler way to do this?

Thank you.