Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default time spent editing

So I searched the group archive and found this message (referring to
Word97!) from Graham Mayor in 2000:

"Have a look at the DocProperty field - the 'total editing time'
option might
be what you require. This will show the time in minutes on opening the
file."

Incredibly, entering "DocProperty" in Word Help (2007) turned up
exactly one response, which directed me to exactly what I was looking
for:

Office button Prepare Properties Document Properties Advanced
Properties Statistics

On Mar 30, 11:07*am, "Peter T. Daniels" wrote:
Long ago, there was discussion of a notation somewhere in a Word
document file that tells you how long (cumulatively) a document has
been open. It wouldn't be useful for billing, because it doesn't tell
you how long you actually worked on a file, but it could give a
general idea of time spent if you remember to close it after each
session.

I can't find such a thing under "Properties," nor anywhere else one
might plausibly look.

Word2007, but a Compatibility Mode .doc.

Is that reckoning available somewhere?