Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

Default How do I use Excel formulas in Word?

=SUM(LEFT)*350 is a valid formula (I just cut and pasted from here to a new
field in a table and it worked) but I don't understand how it relates to the
rest of your description so I don't know what you're doing wrong. How are
you entering the formula?

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"hotbunz321" wrote in message
I am working on a billing statement in Word, using the table. I have four
columns. THe last two colums is an hours column (i.e. .25 or .50) and an
amount column. I want the amount column to automatically multiply itself

by
the hours column. My problem is, every time I use the formula
"=SUM(LEFT)*350", I get the "Syntax error" message.

What am I doing wrong?