Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stan Brown Stan Brown is offline

Default Word 2007 Document Close

Tue, 13 Mar 2007 18:44:08 -0700 from Losing Patience
:
Why does the new version of Word omit the "x" in the upper right corner of
the document that was used to close the document. I do not want to always
have to open the Office Button to close the document. MS fixed something
that wasn't broken apparently.

I haven't spent time with Word 2007, but in Excel 2007 most of the
old keyboard shortcuts still work. I'll bet Ctrl-W(*) will work to
close the current document in Word 2007 -- it's worth a try anyway.

(*) Oddly, Ctrl-W is *not* shown on Word 2003's File menu as a
shortcut for Close, but I've just now tried it and it works.

http://OakRoadSystems.com/