Charles Kenyon

Your macro will use whatever name you used when you recorded it. This is one
of many reasons that recorded macros are a kludge, at best.

Edit your macro and where you want the dialog insert

Application.Dialogs(wdDialogFileSaveAs).Show

--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Aurora" wrote in message
I am using Word 2000
I want to create a macro to save a document in a
particular file. I created a macro called (SAVE) and when
thru the steps that I normally would to save a file
beginning with "save file as". I clicked on the pause
icon while recording to allow the user to enter a file
name and then hit the resume icon, "save" and then stopped
the macro. It worked as I was creating the macro. But
when I run the macro it does not work. It doesn't give me
any errors.

Does anyone have any ideas????

Aurora