Margaret Aldis

It sounds like you have "different first page" set and have a page number
field in the header of the follow-on pages.

To remove, open the template and insert a temporary page break so you get
the second page header (if you have different odd and even you'll need two
temporary page breaks as there will be two different headers after the first
page). Go into Header and Footer View and delete the page number. Remove the
temporary breaks and save the template.

--
Margaret Aldis - Microsoft Word MVP

"Danny" wrote in message
When I am using a Word Document Template I am experiencing a problem in
that
when the document carrys on to more than one page it automatically inserts
page numbering at the top. I can't find how to stop this.

Many Thanks