Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
DeanH DeanH is offline

Default Very simple "change case" macro - why won't it work?

Have you tried using the built-in icon?
This can be found under Tools, Customise, Commands tab, Format category,
Change Case, drag "Change Case" on to the toolbar.
Also Shft+F3 toggles between the Case settings, also remember that this
toggle is repeatable wiht the F4 button.
Also F9 is by defualt the "Update Fields" command.
Hope this helps
DeanH

"Bert Coules" wrote:

I'm trying to create a very simple macro in Word 2000, to change blocked
text to all upper case.

Firstly, I assign the macro to key f9. Then I record these keystrokes:

Alt+0
Alt+E
Alt+U
Return

The macro appears to record with no problems. But if I then block some text
and press f9, all that happens is that the cursor moves up the page: no case
change occurs at all.

What am I doing wrong, please?

Many thanks.

Bert