Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Bert Coules Bert Coules is offline

Default Very simple "change case" macro - why won't it work?

Thanks to Dean and Graham for the replies.

You can delete the extra one and maybe rename the other to something more
meaningful.

I might do that. I must find out which part of the list is the title.

If it is not working when F9 is re-assigned to it, it is probably that
Word objects to the re-assignment.

Then it should have told me so. However, I did the whole procedure again -
and now it works. I suspect that I made an error earlier in the
key-assignment bit of the process.

I take the point about altering an existing shortcut, but as I said, I have
no use for f9 as it is, and I prefer a single key press macro.

I do find the whole area of macros in Word highly confusing, though. I must
hunt up a simple guide.

Bert