Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Robert M. Franz (RMF)

Default How can I transfer all my Word autocorrect settings to a laptop?

Anne Vaudin wrote:
I have a large number of autocorrect entries in Word which I want to transfer
from my main pc to my laptop so that I can work away from my desk. How can I
do this?
(Word 2002/Windows Office XP)

AutoText entries are saved in templates. While creating an AutoText, if
you don't specify a template, they are saved in Normal.dot.

You copy your Normal.dot from PC to laptop and either overwrite the
existing version, or use the Organizer (from Tools | Templates and
Add-ins) to copy only those things over which you really need.

HTH
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS