Stefan Blom

On the Format menu, click Paragraph. Make sure "Space Before" and
"Space After" are both set to 0 (zero). Also, in the Page Setup dialog
box (FilePage Setup) make sure that "Vertical alignment" is set to
"Top".

Note, however, that if spacing is caused by two successive paragraph
marks or by two successive line breaks, more work is required.
Basically, you can do this by using EditReplace. For details, please
see:

http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...eanWebText.htm

--
Stefan Blom

"Derby Don" Derby wrote in message
How do I eliminate the automatic double spacing that surrounds a

line added
using the "enter" key in a document that was created using OCR?
I can't make the "line Spacing" eliminate this spacing.