Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom

Default Manual page break won't delete

Place the cursor in the first paragraph after the break and, on the
Format menu, click Paragraph. Click the Line and Page Breaks tab. Is
there a check mark next to "Page break before"? If so, then clear it,
and click OK. Does that make a difference?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"larkspur" wrote in message
I'm using Word (Office) 2000 on Windows XP, sp2. Don't know if that

makes a
difference.

I can't delete a manual page break that's no longer needed, even in

Normal
view. I've tried highlighting it and using Edit | Clear, and

highlighting it
and pressing the Delete key. I also looked at Edit | Replace but I'm

afraid
of the options there. I don't want to delete any other page breaks,

just this
stubborn one. Has anyone else had to find a bigger hammer to use?

:-)
Actually, I'm serious, since my client needs this doc to meet a

legal
deadline. Thanks for sharing any experience with this.