Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
larkspur

Default Manual page break won't delete

"Page break before" wasn't checked, but "Widow and Orphan Control" was, so I
unchecked that, and then Normal view allowed me to delete the page break.
After that, Word asked me to accept or reject the change (since I have
Tracking turned on). So, overall, it worked! Thank you, Stefan! I'll let you
know if I created any other situations for myself by doing that.

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Place the cursor in the first paragraph after the break and, on the
Format menu, click Paragraph. Click the Line and Page Breaks tab. Is
there a check mark next to "Page break before"? If so, then clear it,
and click OK. Does that make a difference?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"larkspur" wrote in message
I'm using Word (Office) 2000 on Windows XP, sp2. Don't know if that

makes a
difference.

I can't delete a manual page break that's no longer needed, even in

Normal
view. I've tried highlighting it and using Edit | Clear, and

highlighting it
and pressing the Delete key. I also looked at Edit | Replace but I'm

afraid
of the options there. I don't want to delete any other page breaks,

just this
stubborn one. Has anyone else had to find a bigger hammer to use?

:-)
Actually, I'm serious, since my client needs this doc to meet a

legal
deadline. Thanks for sharing any experience with this.