Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Default Manual page break won't delete

You can turn Track Changes off while you delete the page break, then turn it
back on.

"larkspur" wrote in message
OK, thanks, I'll remember that. However, for this client, I have no

choice.
At this third revision, I'm editing his new additions to what I originally
wrote for him out of his notes. It's pretty much all legal stuff and I

don't
want the responsibility of "accepting" what he wrote, so I have to

indicate
what I changed - his grammatical errors, etc. But I'll definitely keep the
track changes situation in mind for the future.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Having Track Changes turned on was probably the source of the problem to
begin with.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"larkspur" wrote in message
"Page break before" wasn't checked, but "Widow and Orphan Control"

was, so
unchecked that, and then Normal view allowed me to delete the page

break.
After that, Word asked me to accept or reject the change (since I have
Tracking turned on). So, overall, it worked! Thank you, Stefan! I'll

let
you
know if I created any other situations for myself by doing that.

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Place the cursor in the first paragraph after the break and, on the
Format menu, click Paragraph. Click the Line and Page Breaks tab. Is
there a check mark next to "Page break before"? If so, then clear

it,
and click OK. Does that make a difference?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"larkspur" wrote in message
I'm using Word (Office) 2000 on Windows XP, sp2. Don't know if

that
makes a
difference.

I can't delete a manual page break that's no longer needed, even

in
Normal
view. I've tried highlighting it and using Edit | Clear, and
highlighting it
and pressing the Delete key. I also looked at Edit | Replace but

I'm
afraid
of the options there. I don't want to delete any other page

breaks,
just this
stubborn one. Has anyone else had to find a bigger hammer to use?
:-)
Actually, I'm serious, since my client needs this doc to meet a
legal
deadline. Thanks for sharing any experience with this.