Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Default Track Changes After Save Changes Tracking Word 2003

Hi ?B?Sk9yemVjaA==?=,

This is an odd problem that one of the attorneys brought to my attention and
I must find a resolution. I am extremely well-versed regarding Word but this
one has me stumped.

Example:
Attorney will open an existing document, turns track changes on, and type
several lines of text (Call is TextA). He can go back and edit those lines
of text without deletions showing up as deletions. However, once he saves
the document, and goes back to edit the lines of text he just inserted
(TextA), any deletions he makes now show up as new deletions (strikethrough
text).

Any suggestions on how to avoid this from occurring (other than not saving!
would be greatly appreciated.

I don't see this on my installation of Word 2003...

If he compares the author name and initials of changes made before and after
saving are they the same? I can only imagine something is happening during the
saving process that's making Word think he's someone else.

Or perhaps the option to remove personal information in Tools/Options/Security
is on and this is having an effect?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org