Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
macropod macropod is offline

Default Relative Hyperlinks

Funny, Word created the .MHT file.

Not of it's own accord - presumably you converted a document to an html
file, via File|Save As.

In my original post, I didn't want Word to update links, I wanted it to
leave them alone, as relative hyperlinks.

The hyperlinks never were relative. Word only works with absolute links.
Even if you omit the path, Word saves it.

A relative hyperlink, like ../Another.Doc, would work fine. This seems to
me to be just another case of Word "fixing" something that wasn't broken.

More like someone not being willing to accept that Word works in a
particular way.

Cheers

--
macropod