Jay Freedman

Editorial Queen wrote:
When using "full" justification, the word and line spacing is
sometimes stretched out to extreme proportions. How do you fix this
in Word? I am doing newsletter layout and this drives me bats.

Go to Tools Options Compatibility and check the item "Do full
justification like WordPerfect 6.x for Windows". That will make Word try to
pull a word back from the following line by condensing spaces first, and
expand the spaces only if that doesn't work. The results are usually much
better than Word's default justification algorithm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman