Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default formatting paragraphs

I can't tell you how much I adore parallel posts. They make following a
particular problem so uncomplicated. sigh

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Posts in a parallel thread confirm this.

so
all may benefit.

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote in message
This being several days later, I have a nagging suspicion that the file

has
been saved and closed several times since the initial incident. That
being
the case, Undo would now be well out of reach.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Have you tried using Undo? If you've just run AutoFormat over the
document,
a single Undo should do it, but check the Undo list to see how many

steps
you need to Undo.

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"LauraM" wrote in message
news These suggestions didn't work. Not only am I missing hundreds of tabs,
but
many blocks of text are in a new font than before. What could I have

done
in
the formatting menu to get this result? How do I undo it, or make the
paragraphing uniform once again. Thanks in advance if you can help
me!!

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:

Is Undo an option? With a document that large, it might not be.

After getting that result, I sure hope you either a) saved the file
using a
new name or b) closed the document without saving the changes. If a

and
aren't your salvation, do you have Always Create Backup Copy enabled
(Tools - Options - Save)? If so, then check the document folder for
files
whose names begin with Backup...

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
"LauraM" wrote in message
I went into the Autoformatting menu to fix a problem and somehow
managed to
erase about half of my paragraph indents in a 200 page document.
Please
Help!