Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Frank Frank is offline

Default Word/Access mailmerge

PS: Am using Word and Access 2002
--
Frank

"Frank" wrote:

Macropod - thanks very much for responding. However, can't get your
suggestion to work.
Using: {IF{Mergefield Born}{DATE} {Mergefield Born \@ "d MMMM yyyy"}}
inserts the CURRENT date when mailmerged, UNLESS the Access field 'Born'
contains a date - in which case it merges and displays correctly.
Where the Access field 'Born' is empty (no date of birth entered) I just
want to mailmerge a blank. To my simple mind - in the example above - if I
could enter 'NOTHING' in place of DATE, that would produce what I want, but
Access isn't that simple!!
Any further advice would be appreciated - I'm beginning to despair!
Frank

"macropod" wrote:

Hi Frank,

This sounds like Access is putting today's date in as the default. Try this:
.. make a copy of the existing DOB field and place it next to the existing one, thus:
.. select both DOB fields and press Ctrl-F9 to wrap them in a new field, thus:
.. position the cursor between the DOB fields and press Ctrl-F9 to insert a new field, thus:
.. fill in/around the DOB fields, thus:
.. add a date switch to ensure the DATE field is formatted the same as your dates from Access are displayed, thus:
{DATE \@ dd/MM/yyyy}
.. press F9 to update the display
.. run your mailmerge.

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"Frank" wrote in message ...
Word merges date of birth correctly where listed in Access records. However,
if Access field is blank (no DOB entered) then Word inserts the current date.
I just want a blank entry if Access field holds no DOB.

Would be very grateful for help.
Frank