Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Default How do I control default imported image size and format in Word

JiverJim wrote:
I import photographs into Word documents and wish to avoid having to
resize the documents and change the image format after importing.
Can the default be changed in the Word template file? I could create
a template specifically for this type of document.

Insert a table where you want the picture to appear, set its columns to the
width you want the picture to be, turn off the table's borders (Ctrl+Alt+U),
and select Table AutoFit Fixed Column Width so it won't automatically
expand. Set the default insertion type (in Tools Options Edit) to "In
line with text".

When you insert a picture in a cell of the table, if it's wider than the
column width, the picture will automatically resize to fit in the cell.
(Word won't resize a small picture to fit a wider column, though.)

Please explain what you mean by the "image format".

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman