Graham Mayor

If you don't have an install disc and the software isn't preloaded on the
hard drive, the simplest solutions are

1. Don't update Word - it has been running happily enough for five years -
or
2. Buy a copy of Office 2000 (cheap) from eBay.

Cindy wrote:
My Windows 98SE PC came with MS Word 2000 and Works v 4.5a for
Windows 95, but did not come with the complete Office Suite. When I
search for updates to Word, it always says I first need to have other
updates installed, but these updates require the Office CD...which I
don't have. Is there any other way I can update Word 2000? Thanks
in advance for any help!